Monday, July 11, 2011

Breaking it down to a personal level...

Life is good. My career is great. My relationship is great. My family is great.

Just to give everyone an update on what I have been up to the past few months.

Work is wonderful! I'm still rocking Johnson County Fire Dispatch B shift! I love it just as much as I did when I started! My supervisor actually selected me to help interview a new dispatcher candidate the other day. I was stoked and felt like this is a stepping stone to me bettering myself in the field of dispatch!
I have recently stepped up and filled a (temporary) full time position with CareFlite, one of the EMTs on C shift was injured at his other job and I'm filling in until he gets healed! This does take away from one of my days off, but the benefit of it (other than more money) its this truck is located at my boyfriends fire department, so I get to see him there too! Our county has for some reason, decided to burn down. Massive grass fires on different ranches- its been keeping the fire boys pretty busy.
Rio Vista TX,Snapbucket

A few weeks I dispatched 3 of our departments on a large grass fire on a ranch and the next phone call I received was an assistant fire chief requesting an aircraft, ground ambulance, and next department because one of his fire apparatuses rolled over with a FF trapped inside. The FF extricated himself and was transported for minor injuries, but the truck is TOTALED! So glad he is okay. Scariest call I've ever dispatched.
Fm 916,Snapbucket

Christopher is wonderful! I'm deeply deeply in loveeeee. Ya know- I've dated guys before and can honestly say before Chris, I have only been "in love" once. At those moments I'm sure I thought I was in love.. but with Chris I get the same feelings over and over again. The same feelings like I got the 1st time. Even after 8 months of being together our relationship is still strong. I can't wait until he gets to meet my parents. We have a week long vacation planned for next January. We are going on a 7 day cruise with like 50 of our friends- setting sail from LA and heading to Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands and Cozumel Mexico! I'm stoked and couldn't be happier!
2011,Filter: Lomoish,Effect: Blue Leak,Snapbucket,Vignette: Sq. White



My family is astronomical (most of the time)! LOL Jessica is still cancer free and spending the summer with my niece, Chassidy, in Colorado visiting family. I miss everyone so much and hopefully I get to plan a vacation home soon to spend some time with them... not sure when it's gonna happen though.

Well that is all I have for you now!

Until next time, be safe out there! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment