Monday, January 3, 2011

Relationships and EMS.... uh oh.

Well... I think we have all tried it. If we haven't then we have definitely thought about it. Whether it's your partner on the truck, a nurse at a hospital or someone from another service... It is there. My particular situation happens to be a firefighter from a department in the county I work for. Uh oh.

I was dating a FF when I first started my career in EMS and I swore I would never, never, never, never, never, EVER date one again... I guess that's why they say "never say never." Because... here I am. In a relationship with a firefighter. I wouldn't say I would kick myself, because things are going really well. At first I was very skeptical, but now I have faith.

EMS isn't the only thing we have in common, but it is a big part of both of our lives. My career comes first, it has since day one. Nothing can change that and he spends a lot of time at his station. Since word got out that he and I began talking, 96% of my friends have been supportive. Everyone thinks we are two peas in a pod. It's a good feeling when your people are favorable.

But I guess, this is no more of a risk than being in any relationship. 50/50 chance if things go well or don't.
Guess we will see! But as for now, I am happy. That is what matter most.

Until next time, be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment